New Playwriting Competition!
Calling all writers!
Are you as inspired by H.P. Lovecraft as we are? Do you find your new romantic comedy suddenly takes a tentacle-type turn? Are you constantly finding your characters trapped in a dark place with a sense of horrific foreboding? Then perhaps you should embrace the lingering feeling in the back of your depraved mind and enter the second
LONDON LOVECRAFT FESTIVAL PLAYWRITING COMPETITION!
That’s right fear-fans, we are giving a writer an opportunity to have their work performed by a professional team of creatives at the London Lovecraft festival this year!
Submissions are now open to UK based playwrights for the 2020 London Lovecraft Festival Playwriting Competition.
Submissions must adhere to certain criteria:
- Your play should be between 30 and 50 minutes.
- Be clearly inspired by H.P. Lovecraft or his work.
- Be willing to have the play performed at the festival for a rehearsed reading in front of an audience.
It can be a comedy take on Lovecraft, a scary, creepy piece of fiction that has Lovecraftian elements throughout, or even be a heartfelt drama about Shoggoths and body snatching things on doorsteps falling in love!
Let your imagination run riot!!
The prize-winning play will be performed as a staged reading as part of the 2020 festival.
What to send
When sending us a play please include the following details:
- The script in word or .pdf format.
- Please include a title page, character list and page numbers in the script.
- Your name, email address and contact telephone number.
- Your agent’s details (if applicable).
- Whether you will be able to attend the production in April of 2020 should your play be selected as the winner.
- Where you heard about the competition.
Unfortunately, we’re not able to accept plays from writers based outside of the UK or plays that have previously been produced. We do not accept scripts written for television, film or treatments, incomplete works, short plays under 30 minutes duration, anything not written in the English Language.
Please submit all scripts and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘WRITING LOVECRAFT’ included along with the shows title, e.g.:
subject: ‘WRITING LOVECRAFT : The Tentacle of Destiny’
It is free to enter and the deadline for entries is midnight on March 1st, 2020. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
The winner will be announced in March.